Morgavia

A forum for a mythological RP.

Welcome

Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:29 am by DekuNut

Good day!
For those of you who don't know me, hey. I'm DekuNut. I was an early member of the site and the only remaining member it seems. If anyone wants to join up/return and play, feel free to email me (ChaseP2015@comcast.net) or PM me. I look forward to meeting you all.
Sincerely,
DN

Questions

Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:22 am by CrazyMidna

if you have any questions about the rp this is where you post them and ill answer it whenever I get the chance.

Rules of the site

Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:38 am by CrazyMidna

OUT-OF-CHARACTER RULES
1. Respect the other members.
2. Keep swearing at a minimum, and do not say any racist, sexist, or any other derogatory comments.
3. NO spamming or trolling.
4. Use correct grammar, spelling and punctuation at all times

IN-CHARACTER RULES
1. No “godmoding,” (godmoding is where you make it so your character is over powerful, nothing can harm it, has too much …

[ Full reading ]

Affiliates

free forum

free forum

free forum
free forum

Helena has Arrived

Lalasa

Helena has Arrived

Post by Lalasa on Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:35 pm

A bitter wind blew over the empty ruins, tossing a few pieces of trash about the desolate dust. The sun did little to warm the two figures trudging across the outskirts of a once prosperous land. One of the figures was a stooped, hunched man with a pinched face and a beady look. He was strangely carrying a picnic basket in his weathered hands, and the delicious smell of chocolate eclairs wafted from it, the very scent of temptation itself. He looked extremely irritated to be caught with such an item, and he kept shuffling his feet as he walked. The other figure was a dazzling witch in scarlet and gold clothing. She had a smug appearance as she trudged delicately above twisted pipes and fallen rubble in small heels.

"Tekren, we've finally arrived, and not a moment too late. I wish we still had the cart, but it obviously wouldn't be able to pass through here just like you said. Fortunately, if that artifacts dealer is correct, then we shouldn't be too far from that rare statue he wanted. Then you can pick it up, and we'll bring it back, and I'll get paid! Funny how I just offered to buy that book of fire magic, and then he has to offer all that gold for a small statue! Ah well, I had nothing better to do..." she grinned, stopping to enjoy the view.

"Isn't that right Tekren?" she asked as she turned around, she had not gotten an answer. Only the lonely wind answered her. The man had run off with the basket and a few gold coins, leaving Helena to find the Bust of Wendigo all by herself. She was not pleased.

"He didn't even leave the pastries! Not only do I have nothing to drink now, he didn't even leave my precious pastries! That scumbag rat! Now all I have is this map, some notes, and my gold, but what use is money when all the shops are closed?" she growled as she pulled her hat down over her face. Underneath, her eyes were coldly blazing.

"He... is... dead."

With a sigh and a little more angry muttering, she turned back to her task. There was no point in leaving it behind. She'll still probably get paid. No matter if she has no transportation, she'll probably be able to ask someone for it. Brightening a little, she walked over and under the wreckage, peering curiously at the crumbling buildings.

"I wonder how the city fell apart. Another thing to look up in the wizard's libraries the next time I visit."

She was so preoccupied with her surroundings, that she forgot to pay attention to where she was stepping, and her ankle caught on a pipe. With a yelp, she tripped, and a bloom of pain shot up her leg, causing her to spout some colorful language that should not be repeated.

Hobbling over to a rock, she sat down on it heavily, and surveyed the damage. No broken bones but a wonderful sprain, and no medical supplies whatsoever. They had also been in the basket of course.

"Well Helena, this is what you get for letting the seedy guy carry the supplies." she moaned, rubbing her ankle and struggling not to get upset.

((Uh oh! Looks like Helena is already in a spot of trouble! Perhaps she requires assistance!

I am also going to say right now that I have high standards. I like it best when people respond to me with 4 sentences, or even better, more. I am also not afraid to express when I don't think I'm getting enough. So as a small request, I'd like to see some action here, and that means several coherent sentences please.))

Last edited by Lalasa on Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
    silverbullet
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

Re: Helena has Arrived

Post by silverbullet on Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:04 pm

Hotaru slowly picked his way through the ruins were did I get myself into he thought. He saw a figure across from were he was he cocked his head to the right curiosity getting the better of him. He walked up and sat down a few feet away and watch as this person tripped and fall, smiling as the colorful words left her mouth and as she sat down at the rock. He stood their unsure what to do. He stood up and walked over to the person relizing its a women. "are you ok" he asked trying to hide the smirk playing on his lips.

(ummmm ok I can do that though you might need to deal with horrable grammer, when I say horrable I mean horrable XD. Oh and word lost so sometimes I just dont make sense, sorry)
    Lalasa

Post by Lalasa on Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:59 pm

((I am fine with that as long as you legitimately try to fix said missing words and grammar. Often times I rely on spellcheck as well, so I am not perfect either.))

Helena jumped a little when she realized she was not alone anymore Looking up from her moping, she watched warily as a slim young man picked his way past several rocks. When he walked over, Helena looked down again, and rubbed her staff unhappily.

"No, I am not okay! My guide deserted me and left me to trip over all of this dirty trash! I'm thirsty, famished, and my ankle is singing a song of pain at the volume of an opera. I don't think I'm able to walk, but there's no one who can help me out of this pile of rocks. And there doesn't seem to be anyone for miles around!" she said sadly,

Suddenly, she looked up once again only for her eyes to fiercely lock onto Hotaru's face. But what a face! Her mouth was turned into a childish pout that paired with soft cheeks to make her look ten years younger than she really was. Her light blue eyes were crinkled, and a small tear dotted one just at the corner.

"You won't leave me here to suffer from pain and exhaustion all by myself will you? Ah, what will become of me if you do? How lonely it must be to die all by oneself in an abandoned city! And what if I fall into a pit trying to get up? A pit full of sharp stones! Or rusty plumbing! How painful that must be!" she cried, before slouching back into a depressed position with a sigh.
    silverbullet
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

Post by silverbullet on Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:12 pm

Hotaru smiled at her and cocked his head to the right slightly "well I can help you with your little problem, well both." He sat down next to her "I can fix up your little ankle and if you wish I can guide you. Though, to be perfectly honest Im lost." He put a finger to his lip and looked up at the sky "but, being lost with someone else dont sound halve bad."

( well I dont have spellcheck and I do try my best and if i catch anything later that I did not notice before I will try to fix it the best I can)
    Lalasa

Post by Lalasa on Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:38 pm

Helena brightened considerably when the youth mentioned he can help with her ankle, which was swollen and bright red, just like her shoes. "Really? You can help? Knowing healing magic is so very clever! Whatever you have that can help is! And if you know where all those nasty holes in the ground are, that is even better!" she beamed, looking at Hotaru expectantly while tugging on a strand of her hair.

"I am actually not lost, but I am rather stuck. I am very pleased to meet you! Let me introduce myself. I am Helena Vlaskovich and I am seeking the Bust of Wendigo. Any assistance that will prevent me from snapping my neck is much obliged! And I'd be even more overjoyed if you have cake." she nodded, and her hat nodded up and down with her.
    silverbullet
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

Post by silverbullet on Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:46 pm

Hotaru laughed "I dont know healing magic but next best thing I will be back miss Helena." He walked out to the ruins and looked everywere till he found some nice wet dirt. He put some in a jar and found a small metal walking stick. He grabbed that also and made his way back to Helena. He sat down next to her pnce more and carefully took her leg and placed it on his lap. "my name is Hotaru, nice to meet you as well" he grabbed his water bottle and tore bandages off from his first aid kit. "I dont any food with me, but luckly my dad tought me how to cook so I might cook you some later." Hotaru smeared the mud on her ankle and wrapped the bandaged around it. "there the mud will harden and it would be use as suport, and here we go a walking stick."
    Lalasa

Post by Lalasa on Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:19 pm

The mud was cold and slimy on Helena's bare leg, ans she had to suppress a shiver. She didn't like the idea of being caked in mud, but she supposed there was little choice unless she wanted to sit on that rock and have a nice lunch of dust. When Hotaru offered the walking stick however, she politely declined.

"It would be awkward to walk with two large sticks. I think my staff will be sufficient, even though it doesn't deserve being a mere walking stick. And thank you for providing me with a makeshift splint. If you are to cook something, let me know, and I can build a fire as easy as eating a cookie." she grinned as she pulled her hat back to reveal her soft, luminous hair.

When the mud dried, Helena stood up gingerly, leaning on her beautiful staff for support. Before doing anything else though, she proceeded to dust herself off. The stones of the city had never been washed after all.
    silverbullet
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

Post by silverbullet on Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:25 pm

Hotaru looked at the stick and smiled "well this might be in handy" he said smiling using as well. "Well thank, If we get somewhere were I can propaly put it in a cats I will" he indicated her ankle. Hotaru stood up "you have lovly hair" he brought out some water for her "want some before we continue."
    Lalasa

Post by Lalasa on Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:58 pm

Helena took the water eagerly, and she drank from it greedily. When she was finished, she took out a handkerchief from one of her many hidden pockets and dabbed her mouth before giving the jug back.

"Ah, thank you! Walking is difficult, especially when the terrain is so annoyingly uneven. And thank you for the compliment. I spend a lot of time ensuring my hair glistens every morning. It makes me feel confident." she smiled, tugging a strand of it loose and twirling it between her fingers.

"Anyway, I am on a quest of some sort. An antique's dealer has promised me a rare book that I need as well as gold if I bring him a statue that apparently belonged to a locally maintained museum here. Of course, that is easier said than done, but he insists it is here in Metric City. Who am I to argue with gold? Anyway, if it's in the rubble, I can blast it apart easily so there's no problem." she grinned, and this time it was wild and slightly unhinged. Firelight seemed to dance in the witch's blue eyes, before extinguishing.

She handed Hotaru a scribbled map. "This is the map that the dealer gave me. The statue is located where the circle is. Anyway, you're not lost anymore, aren't you?" Helena said, amused.
    silverbullet
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

Post by silverbullet on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:07 pm

"I guess not" he grabbed the map and looked at "Ok lets go" he started heading to the direction where the statue is said to be. "Queston though are you sure this dealer aint pulling your leg or something. He might not give you the book expecially since you went out of your way to find a stupid statue."
    Lalasa

Post by Lalasa on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:19 pm

Helena laughed humorously. "He would be an idiot if he lied to me. I am not only powerful, but I have money and connections. Would he refuse to hand over what he promised, I could make life not worth living for him very easily. He'd regret the moment he was born and the moment that he dies." she said simply, but there was weight in her threat. Shaking her head, she followed Hotaru, glaring once at the offending piece of metal that had tripped her.

"I can't wait to get my hands on that book. It was supposed to teach me the art of efficient explosions. Doesn't it sounds fun to be able to make things blow up without using most of your magic?" Helena chatted idly as she hobbled over small rocks.
    silverbullet
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

Post by silverbullet on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:29 pm

Hotaru smiled "Well if he lied why dont you just steal the book instead of making his life misarable." He stared really hard at the map in confusion, he jumped over a medium rock and jumped down without paying attention. "No then he would com eafter you and that will suck" he started humming to himself getting nervous that he might have gotten them even more lost.
    Lalasa

Post by Lalasa on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:38 pm

Helena was affronted. "Steal the book? Like a common ruffian? You cannot be serious. I had offered to buy it, but then offered this great deal of finding some small statue and in return get paid to have the book! And it would have been so simple too, if my guide hadn't run off. He even took my eclairs. And they were hot and covered in chocolate. How mean! I'm sure he must be having a jolly old time." she said, pulling her hat down over eyes eyes and glaring at Hotaru from under it. She was slightly miffed at the suggestion of thievery.

"You better not be getting us lost. Do you have a good sense of direction? You did say you were lost originally, and you look awfully unsure." The witch looked torn between allowing the youth to continue to do the reading for her or snatching the map from his hands.
    silverbullet
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

Post by silverbullet on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:46 pm

Hotaru stopped and glared at the map "well sorry for the suggestion, some of dont have money nor people help them." He shoved the map angerly at her "and to answer your queston I do not have any sense of directions since I have been locked up most of my life." Hotaru walked away from her and took several deep breaths to calm himself but was uterly failing.
    Lalasa

Post by Lalasa on Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:13 pm

Helena stopped as well, her eyes narrowing. Her free hand, which now gripped the map, forced it to crumple as she tensed. "Oh, so now I am to blame for your life? I see now. You think you were lonely, but try living in the middle of a pile of rock surrounded by ocean. Certainly my parents had boats but they never let me go anywhere, instead hiring private tutors and collecting a library. I also had no siblings so I had no one to talk to. As, being rich isn't just owning a pleasure palace and eating comfort foods. My parents were political targets. One of them didn't survive that. The other became too occupied with trying to maintain normalcy that she forgot all about me. All I could do was either sit outside, follow the servants, or study. Learning magic actually involves less of casting and more more of endless reading. It was very lonely and dull. I don't regret finally leaving." she growled.

"Anyway, I just wanted to ensure that we don't end up stuck on the wrong side of this dusty, broken, train of wrecks. This place is distasteful, gloomy, dusty, and everything I hate, so it makes sense that I won't want to be here for days, especially since there don't seem to be any inns. Besides, it will soon be nightfall, and I wouldn't want to be caught sleeping out here in the open, especially without a proper bed or bath. And don't get fussy about me being spoiled. There is absolutely nothing wrong with not wanting to sleep on the dirty ground!" she continued, her frown deepening. She looked as if she also was struggling to retain her temper, and she was, as it was fiery and easily invoked, like her magic.

"I need chocolate." she muttered to herself, gripping her staff with whitening knuckles.

Mysterie
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Mysterie on Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:28 pm

Lilith laughed, forming out of the shadows to appear behind the two youths. "Well, well, well. What a lovely surprise." She wore a transluscent, clingy black dress that seemed to be created out of pure shadow, the way it moved. "What would two young morsels like yourselves be doing so close to my resting place?" She glided towards them, her hips swaying alluringly with every step. "Few mortals dare venture through my desecrated temple." Smirking, she snapped her fingers lazily, and a chocolate dainty formed from the shadows and floated to her hand. "I can grant you whatever you desire. For a price, that is."

Post by Lalasa on Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:49 pm

Helena was slightly annoyed when the scantily dressed woman appeared in front of her, making her feel mortal and plain, but her eyes brightened at the sight of the candy.

"I have to admit, you know what I want. You're offering me temptations here. But I want to know what you want so that I can get it for you in exchange for what I want. I do not however, appreciate being called a morsel." she said then added her last sentence as an afterthought. She looked slightly suspicious, but it was obvious Helena was quickly losing a battle to her fondness of sweets.

She almost seemed to forget all about her quarrel with Hotaru even, as she contemplated this strange and new wonderful magic that could summon chocolate.
    silverbullet
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

Post by silverbullet on Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:55 pm

Hotaru snorted "filthy demon, well Im not taking any nor am I going to listen to what you have to say." He turned to Helena "lets go I can bake you some sweets as we get to a safer place" he begged. His mind was somewhat frazzled by the other demons beauty but he rather not go near her.
    Lalasa

Post by Lalasa on Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:03 am

Helena snorted. "I'm not done yelling at you. Besides, for all I know we could have been walking around in a circle. There is no way I would have gotten any sweets in this dustbowl. And I want to learn how to summon gourmet cream puffs! Mmm, cream puffs!" Helena said offhandedly, her eyes never leaving the succubus. Or not as much the demon as the candy she was holding. Helena didn't care at all about her looks. The succubus could have been wartier than a toad and as long as she held sweets Helena wouldn't have cared.

In fact, she seemed rooted to her spot, her previous wariness being quickly replaced with an intense hunger as well as curiosity.
    silverbullet
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

Post by silverbullet on Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:18 am

Hotaru growled and bit Helena as hard as possable letting his teeth sharpen. "get over you thick headed brat" He let go seeing he drew blood "she is no good and it s not worth even for one little peice of stupid candy" he said outrage of the situation. "At this rate you will never get your book, nor your gold. If you had the gold then you can buy all the candy you want!"
    Mysterie
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Mysterie on Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:26 am

Lilith flicked her fingers, knocking Hotaru back away from Helena.. "Men. Not known for having much sense, are they?" She held the chocolate out, sending it over to Helena. "You, however, seem to me to be very intelligent, indeed. Shrewd, yet open-minded as well." Waving her hand, she formed a plate of sweets and gave it to Helena, then drew forth a bandage from the shadows to wrap the bite marks Hotaru had left on Helena. "As for what I want from you in return, it is simple. I ask only for some of your energy. Not much, just enough to sustain me until I can find suitable prey to replenish me. In return, I shall give you the artifact you seek."

Post by Lalasa on Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:47 am

However, unfortunately for Lilith, the moment Hotaru bit her, Helena was distracted. Yelping, her eyes broke away from Lilith as she stared at a new, impressive bite wound on her arm. It stung and bled profusely, even after the bandage was applied to it, which she didn't notice out of anger. Oh yes, Helena had snapped away from the candy, and she had also definitely snapped.

"You nasty animal! Do you know at all how much this hurts? And not only that, but I am sure that such a dirty city would be filled with contagion! And there's no way I'll be able to wash this out or find ointments! And you say I can buy any candy I want but I already told you there are no stores here! How uncalled for!" she snarled back, her eyes blazing as she tapped into the very blazing pits of her fire magic.

Flames ran and smoked within her body, channeling into the ruby at the center of her beautiful staff, which definitely was not for show. A flame popped up within the center of a ruby, then grew, until the gem seemed ready to crack from the pressure. And the air around Helena grew twenty degrees hotter, as is she were on fire. The mud on her ankle cracked, then broke apart from the dry heat, and the map wilted.

Shoving the map furiously in her pocket, she used her now free hand to gather flames for her signature move. They burst to life seemingly from nowhere into her hand, orange and smoldering, quickly forming into premature ring shapes.

"Let's see who is the real demon here, this temptress or me. Whom I will get back to once I've yelled at you. And perhaps add one or two burns. Only a few." she said, looking genuinely angered.
    silverbullet
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

Post by silverbullet on Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:30 pm

Hotaru smiled pleased with himself but at the same time dissiponted at Helena. Did she know that their are more places to go then here. "Im not animal more of an monster" he said correcting her. "Im a demon so yea, that animal theroy of your is quite wrong. Shame too you don't have level headed ability to think." He watched impressed at the flames but ready himself for her fury.
    Lalasa

Post by Lalasa on Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:54 pm

Helena laughed harshly, and she crushed the ring in her hand, forcing the magic to stop. "So you're just like her then, and that makes you little better. Except one of you is civilized and the other plays in the mud and acts like they're rabid. And when I dare make a suggestion, you whine that you've been cooped up so that automatically allows you to excuse the fact you're completely uneducated! Oh, I know how to think, and I know how to choose my company. You're obviously going to degenerate me to living on scraps and stealing from vendors. You even made it clear its what you usually do when dealing with a monetary situation. You've made it clear you don't trust this lady, but now you've gone ahead and told me you're just like her! If I am to consort with devils, at least I shall speak to the perfectly polite one! Now don't bother me and be glad I didn't send you back to wherever you came from with a burnt bottom."

Whirling around, she turned to face the succubus with a determined gleam in her eyes. "Thank you for offering to be helpful. I will be glad to make this trade as it sounds like a fine deal. To sweeten things up, ahem, I would like you to also teach me how to summon food and objects from shadows, and I want to know what exactly I must do so that I won't come to any harm." she stated, appraising the plate of sweets with an experienced eye. She then gave a nod of approval, they looked to be of fine quality, similar to ones her mother would giver her in order to make her be quiet.

"These are edible, yes? I have not yet seen a magic that can conjure items from darkness, but if they really are as good as they look, then I can easily imagine myself using such a trick only changing it to fire. Goodness, this is exciting! I thoroughly enjoy learning new, useful skills." she smiled, picking up a particularly pretty truffle and putting it to her lips.
    Mysterie
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Mysterie on Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:42 pm

Lilith laughed, amused. "My servant made the sweets, little one. I simply brought them here through the darkness. I admit, I do enjoy mortal food, especially chocolates." Smiling down at Helena, Lilith gestured to the shadows. "Come on out and introduce yourself, Kren. I know you're there."

The shadows condensed, darkening and solidifying into an blue-haired little imp. "Krenwick Dronquinstuere, at yer service, milady." Kren grinned up at Helena. "Ooh, do try the truffle, miss witch. I just came up with the recipe for that one this morning. White chocolate and coconut, with a touch of caramel and a hint of ginger."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:29 pm